Sunday 28 February 2010

SEW MANY CHOICES

You know when you have all these wonderful ideas going round in your head and you really don't know quite how to use them, well I have the opposite problem. I know what I want to do and what to do it on but there aren't enough hours in the day to do it.
Take this weekend for example. I have entered into two exciting swaps. The flower themed one organised by Sew Scrumptious and the Tilda one being run by Faerie Nuff. I'm really thrilled to be a part of them both and they will be done, but isn't it typical that this month is now turning out to be one of the busiest of the year.
I did manage to start some of my sewing yesterday..ooh I've just seen the time exactly midnight so that statement is still correct.., but today was our gorgeous grandson's 3rd birthday and so we have been otherwise occupied. He had a lovely party at a local play barn and then back home for the family to continue playing and eating. Lots of little nibbles and jelly yumm!! He received so many lovely presents, but he was an absolute star behaving really well and thanking everyone so sweetly. No wonder we're so proud of him.
So once he had gone off to bed I decided to have another sewing session, but then remembered that I had 3 pairs of slippers to do as well and one pair were larger than I normally do, so I had to draft another pattern. Still it's all sewing and I do love it I just wish there were just a few more hours in the day.
How did I ever go to work full time!
Wanted to show a peek at my swaps in progress but thought I'd better not spoil the surprise so here are a few shots of the slippers taking shape and some of the lovely fabrics I am thinking of using.

Back again soon
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for stopping by, but even better say hello. I love to read your comments and its also a way for me to meet you. I do read every coment but don't always have the time to find your email or web, so do pop back if you have asked a question as I will answer it here.xx