Monday 8 January 2018

And a New Chapter begins.......

First though a bit late, a very happy New Year to you all.

I was always rubbish at keeping a diary and it seems I've not improved with the digital type!

Every morning I spend a few minutes in bed reading my emails and a few blogs but somehow I never seem to find the time to actually sit and update mine. I used to love doing it, but it does take time. I am always in awe of those who manage a post almost every day.

Well I'm not making any rash promises to improve in the New Year but I would like to get back to  recording some of the lovely things we have planned.

My most exciting news since I last wrote in July!!! is that DD has completely changed her business, is doing very well and is so much happier. She and her husband now have more time to spend with their darling boys and actually enjoy life.
One of her cards was featured on Dragons Den over the holidays when the CEO of Thoughtful, one of the sites she sells from, was on the show!!!!


You'll also find her here GiddyKipper

For myself, I think I have found my dream job!

No I haven't returned to work at my age, but I have become involved in making costumes for a professional contemporary dance company. I am in my element at the moment creating and making anything and everything from simple slip dresses to velvet tail coats, corsets and steam punk helmets and goggles. Most of what we do is created from what we can find. I am getting very adept at deconstructing curtains for fabric and my sewing room looks more like Santa's workshop. At times it's a bit hectic getting things done to a certain time frame but brilliant to think they will be seen by hundreds of people all around the country when the next show takes to the road!
And I'm having great fun. That's what a hobby is really about isn't it?





Pretty underskirts 


The toile for a tail coat ready to fit

Anyway at the moment we have a break, and a bit more time to complete the costumes for the rest of the cast. The show will not open until the Autumn, but I am looking forward to seeing it all come together. I have a lovely partner in crime and we hit it off straight away. On top of that the directors are not only amazingly talented but are the nicest people I have ever worked with.

How lucky am I.  Want to see more, go take a look at the Chantry Dance Company website

Well Olive & Edna  are busy with a sale at the moment so I'm off to add a few more vintage pieces to our site.

Hope you are keeping busy and well

TTFN
Jenny xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jenny! Well done DD! Your new 'job' sounds very exciting. I love my blog but like you struggle to find the time to write. Let's hope we can both drop by a little more frequently xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring?
    I miss your tremendous writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track!

    come on!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by, but even better say hello. I love to read your comments and its also a way for me to meet you. I do read every coment but don't always have the time to find your email or web, so do pop back if you have asked a question as I will answer it here.xx