Monday 2 January 2017

This doesn't bode well.....

Well I'm already a day late so as the title says this doesn't bode well for my better organised 2017,

However despite this I wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year wherever you are.

We have had a lovely Christmas and New Year with lots of get togethers and some fabulous presents. A couple of which were definitely not planned.
I signed up for Tracy's Cracker Swap back in November and while trying to print something out to include in my parcel my printer decided to give up the ghost! So off to our local shop we went to try to find a reasonable replacement. I went for a wireless one thinking this would make things so much easier,  But no not a chance. So okay, for now we'll connect it by cable and sort out later! Doesn't work when your ancient computer still has XP installed. So to cut a long story short, we invested in a new laptop and then our son (the computer whizz) spent almost four hours setting everything up!!!
Needless to say said swap has not taken place yet. My Partner Lynn couldn't have been more understanding and in fact had reasons herself to delay our exchange, so we will be sending our crackers off anytime now
.
Despite this we have had a good time and are now looking forward to this New Year.
One holiday already booked in beautiful Wales again and another planned for later on.
We are booked to help with some decorating for our DD and family and have a few projects lined up here. The main one being a man cave for DH with some storage and a new airing cupboard to be created from part of the bedroom he is taking over. ( It is quite large) 

My other plan is to sew more than I buy in 2017, not only because I enjoy the sewing part so much, but to be honest, I get so disappointed when I shop for clothes. I love colour and there are only a handful of shops whose clothes I like that seem to embrace this.
Anyway I've already made a start and have just completed a cord skirt with some fabric I bought at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching show.
I used an ancient New Look pattern, 6030 and am quite pleased with how it's turned out.





My only regret is that I didn't use the contrast cotton for the waistband facing as the cord is quite thick. However that's a note to myself for next time!
I am following this with a jersey blouse for which I will use my trusty tunic pattern, shortened and with short sleeves.


I've also got fabric lined up for a cosy half zip sweatshirt in this lovely grey fleece backed fabric printed with tiny stars and the first of my summer weight shift dresses. A gorgeous chartreuse cotton with cream spots. Just a few bits to be getting on with.




I guess my next thing will be to cull my wardrobe to make room for them, some to sell and lots for the local charity shops, recycling at its best.

So what are your plans? I hesitate to say resolutions as this seems to put the mockers on them straight away lol! Whatever they are I wish you well with them and would love to hear what you are up to.

TTFN
Jenny xx


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Jenny. I've just done a wardrobe cull and I must say it feels good.I'm looking forward to following your makes xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by, but even better say hello. I love to read your comments and its also a way for me to meet you. I do read every coment but don't always have the time to find your email or web, so do pop back if you have asked a question as I will answer it here.xx